Today, we added an integration to HipChat, a group chat tool that supports conversations across multiple media. Our integration pushes Subversion commit and Git commit notifications to HipChat, in addition to the other platforms we already support. Notifications show up as messages in the room associated with your ProjectLocker project.
Obtaining Your HipChat Token
- Log into HipChat. Click the Group Admin link at the top of the page.
- Click the API tab. A list of your tokens should appear.
- In the Create New Token area, choose Notification, then enter an identifying label (e.g. “ProjectLocker”). Press the Create button.
- A new token should appear. Copy the token string to your clipboard.
Adding Your Token to Your ProjectLocker Account
- Click your name in the upper right corner of ProjectLocker Portal. Select My Profile.
- Click the Integration Settings tab. Go to the HipChat Settings area and paste the value into the API Token field. Note that this setting affects the entire account, not just your user.
- Click Save Changes to store the value.
Connecting Your HipChat Room to Your ProjectLocker Project
- Go to the Projects link and click the name of the project you wish to link to HipChat
- Select “Edit Project Details”. If your account has a HipChat token assigned to it, you’ll be presented with a field to enter the HipChat Room name.
- Enter the name, and press Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.
Configuration details are also available in our Support FAQ.
Our developers stay connected to each other in a variety of ways, and by adding HipChat, we offer another way for you to integrate ProjectLocker into your team’s way of doing business. When information is added to your natural flow based on how you do business, you are more productive, and that’s what we want most of all.